Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hell & Back, Titan; training. Week 6.

Let me start by a small release...
 
"AAAGGGGHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  two weeks today!!  AAAAGHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA"
 
*cough cough* Pardon me. 

SO!  How are you all getting on with your training?  I am working more on strength training as I felt the last time this is where I faltered most.  I do fear that I am neglecting my cardio training and the weather really hasn't been doing much to encourage me to get out for runs, so I do hope that I don't falter during Titan. 

We were thinking about staying up in the Martello Tower for the night before or the night of Titan.  I am thinking the night of would be glorious as I am not sure my legs will handle the 3.5hr drive back to Kinsale after the 14km of torture in, who knows what type of weather.

Have any of you ever stayed there before?  It looks absolutely gorgeous. 
(Photo from the Martello Tower website)
They have a special offer rate to all Titan competitors of €60 and judging by the photos of their rooms, bar, restaurant & nightclub on their website, this is an absolute bargain.  Included in your €60 is Bed & Breakfast, two course dinner, free wifi, live entertainment and free entry into the nightclub (if your legs actually still work by then... har har har.  Sitting down shoes, methinks!)
Here is link to book directly in case you fancy it. :)

Like the sheer opposites- Fire and Ice, this seems like the perfect reward to completing the torture's of Titan. 

So, my plan this week... (I have recently buckled to my anti gym ethos, and joined my local gym so I can bring my kids swimming and lets face it, burn out their energy on these cold dark days...)  I am still doing my usual pull ups, sit ups etc, however my husband is helping me with structuring things while I am in there and actually use the equipment.  (I know, right... madness!  LOL)  SO- here we go:

Twice this week, I will add this to my daily training:

1000m row
As many pull ups as I can (about 5)
15 reps leg press
15 reps shoulder press
500m row
As many push ups as I can (about 13)
15 lunges
15 sit ups
500m row
15 lat pull downs
15 reps leg press
15 reps shoulder press
500m row
15 inclined pushups
15 lunges
15 sit ups

14 DAYS, PEOPLE!  SHAKE A LEG!

Toodles.

Jen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email