Thursday, August 22, 2013

In the wild!

Exciting news!  
 
You may recall me mentioning that I was getting one of my favourite shots printed out on a unique style metallic paper and framed by the lovely folk of my local framing store, Studio1 in Kinsale?  Well, they have finished and I have collected and my, oh my am I impressed.  
 
Owner's of 'Studio1 Kinsale', Niamh and Stefan, are hugely qualified, experienced & helpful and its very evident that they have a huge passion for what they do.  Before making the final decision, we carefully discussed the choices of paper, colours, mounts and frame styles that would best showcase my image and I am absolutely thrilled with the finished piece.  Here it is- "Ta Daaaaaa"!
 
 
 
 
Without waffling too much about the details (but they get me all excited...), The paper is Iridium silver gloss- its a silver metallized special paper with a high density that create an enhanced projection of colour and grayscale.   It's hard to explain, but if you can see it in this close up?
You really have to see it in real life to get a full appreciation for it.  :)  Sooooo....
 
  
So, if you would like to see it in real life (you know you want to!), Janeymac Kinsale have offered me a lovely wall space to exhibit it.  Exciting, yes? YES! :) 
And here it is, hanging in its new home for the next 10 weeks or so (unless someone buys it for a permanent home in the meantime. ;))
 
 
Owners, Ruth and Cyril have nurtured Janeymac's into a very unique and gorgeous establishment with coffee to die for and delicious homemade cakes scones and jam.  They have a fantastic gluten free range and also have light bites and sandwiches made using delicious breads by the artisan baker, Arbutus Bread.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's a little ditty about them from their website:
 
"We wanted a place that appealed to everyone. With a door wide enough to take the biggest pram in town and comfortable seats, a relaxed atmosphere serving good quality food that we prepare in our own kitchen every day in small batches to ensure freshness and at prices that reflect a new Ireland we hope that's what we have delivered. "
 
 
And delivered they have! 
 
So, if you are in Kinsale, be sure to drop in to Janey Mac's for a coffee, chat and oodle of my pic.  I'd be thrilled if you did!
 
I have a teeny bit more exciting news so watch this space...
 
Until then, Toodles!
 
Jen.
 
P.s: If you do make it to Janey Mac's, be sure to try their pear and almond scones... to die for.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant Jen. I love the loneliness of your image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, James. I really appreciate your comment! :) Hope you are keeping well.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous Jen!! You must be so proud to see it have 'pride of place' in Janey Mac's :)) I'll have to pop down to see it and try some of those delicious pear & almond scones! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! OMG, the scones are delish. :) a necessity to sample. :)

      Delete
  3. You are soooooooooo talented... seriously. Stunning work!!!!

    And did I read gluten-free????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Morgan! :)
      Gluten free? I'm certainly not, but they are! :) Really delicious cakes. If you're ever in Kinsale! ;)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Jen! I remember seeing this on your Flickr account and thought back then what an awesome piece it is! You are an awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jack! Wowee. *blushes*

      Delete
  5. You know, the next time I'm back in Oirland, you're going to make me rent a bleedin' car and drive down to Kinsale for these scones and a Bulmers on Ice :)

    PS... *Great* shot and y'all have framed it amazingly well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleedin' marvellous, Koopo. ;) Thanks very much for the comment. Aah, a pint bottle of Bulmers and ice on a hot evening. Lovely.

      Delete

Follow by Email