Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hell & Back training. Week 3!

Hello all, from the end of week 2 and the beginning of week 3!

I hope you are all training away happily knowing that there are just 41 days left (agggghhaaaaaaa!!!) until D-day.  How was your week this week? 
I had an interesting week.  To give the overall feel, I have decided to have a ‘song of the week’ to
summarise my ‘zone’.  Press play on the below to get the tone for this week’s training and you can listen as you read. ;)   





It was fairly slow week in comparison to last week.  I found it harder to get motivated- but I guess I was raring to go at the start and as time passes and things get repetitive, it gets tougher.  I am still finding the isometrics tough but my times are getting a teeny bit better.  Slow and steady wins the race. 


But one thing that I had an ‘OH MY GOD!’ moment with was my running (and the main reason for me including my song of the week idea)...

I decided to change my route because I’ve been kind of walking and running the same circuit since week 1.  So, there I was, jogging along with my playlist playing on my iphone.  The new route has two nasty hills at the start so I was absolutely dying after them (you know that kind of burning sensation at the back of your throat and not quite having enough moisture in your mouth to swallow so you’re kind of, cough-gagging?  Yeah?  That feeling).  So, anyway- my calves were burning, sweat dribbling into my eyes making my contact lenses feel like acid, even my arms were killing me and I was ready to stop and walk a while when suddenly the song ‘Live and let die’ started playing.  I kind of got into a slow jog and my mind wandered as I enjoyed the scenery around me when suddenly it hit me *BAM*.  I was no longer thinking about running or the pain in my muscles or the sweat or the gagging... I was *gulp* ENJOYING myself!  What the Hell??? 

So THIS is what people must mean when they say they enjoy running... It’s those moments AFTER the 10 or so disgusting, inhuman, self-combusting minutes of feeling crap.  I am probably not describing it quite accurately, but perhaps it different for everyone.  All I know is, on day 13 of my training plan, I had ‘a moment’ of realisation (a realisation of what, I don’t quite know- but I was kind of enjoying myself so I guess that’s all that really matters).
So yes- I ran, and I ran, and I ran and I didn’t stop until I got home.  8.07 Kilometres of gag worthy running.  I am well chuffed with myself and feeling better about the prospect of actually being ready for Hell & Back Apollo in 41 days. 
 

Here is a breakdown of this week
Week 2 summary:
Daily
  • 72 seconds of planking
  • 2 min of lat raises
  • 20 seconds right side side planking- wrist killing me
  • 42 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 3 minutes 25 seconds of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 6 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible) maxed out at 10
  • 3 sets of 12 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 12 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 10 assisted with stretchy band.

Day 8:  Nothing additional.
Day 9:  11.10km powerwalk with the double buggy         
Day 10: 7.81km powerwalk with the double buggy
Day 11:  Nothing additional.
Day 12:  Nothing additional.
Day 13: 8.07km run.
Day 14:  4.43km powerwalk with double buggy.
Now, to try to keep consistent, here is this week’s torture:
Week 3 training plan.
Daily:
  • 75 seconds of planking
  • 2.5 min of lat raises
  • 25 seconds right side side planking- wrist killing me
  • 25 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 3 minutes 30 seconds of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 7 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 15 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 15 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 10 assisted with stretchy band.

Two 10km walks.
One 8km run.
One 6km run.
I think this week is going to be tougher than last week in the motivation department.  What do you recon? 

Anyway, I hope you all have a super training week- let me know how you are doing & don’t forget, if you want to chat, I am here (comment below), here on facebook, or here on twitter. 


One vaguely amusing and disgusting point to mention from this week.  I did, at one point, eat a bug of some sorts and had a Goldie Hawn moment...



Toodles!

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email