Friday, May 10, 2013

Hell and Back training. Week 4!

Good evening all. 

I am posting this weeks update a day early because, well, to be honest, Ive been a bit of a lazy cow and broken my rules.  *looks around innocently*
My musical mood this week as follows... (actually, this kind of has a bit of a 'Hell and Back' team misery feel about it for me too...)  click play and read on.  :)
 
What a crappy week it has been- both weather wise and training wise.  I TOTALLY didn’t give training 100% this week, I had wine AND, the mortal sin of eating... I succumbed to the Eurosaver menu and had a double cheeseburger- and I’m disgusted with myself for it. 
My daily bits were kind of similar to last weeks, but I did manage to get the reps up to 15 for the pushups, sit-ups and squats.  Here are the daily numbers:

Week 3 summary:
  • 75ish seconds of planking
  • 3 min 30 seconds min of lat raises
  • 35 seconds right side side planking- wrist killing me
  • 30 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 2ish minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 7 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible) maxed out at 10
  • 3 sets of 15 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 15 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 10 assisted green band
Day 15- Rest day
Day 16- 5.21km powerwalk with double buggy
Day 17- 10.42km powerwalk with double buggy
Day 18- Did sod all.  Even had McDonalds and wine.  *Sobs*
Day 19- 7.56km powerwalk with double buggy.
Day 20- 8km powerwalk with double buggy.  
Day 21- *taps foot*

How are you all getting on?  Excellent, I hope!  The days are just piddling away and the Hell and Back day will be upon us before we know it! 
I was chatting to my better half and he thinks I should shake things up a bit and change my daily training bits.  He is probably right, perhaps this is why I had a crappy week- the boredom is kicking in.  Ooh- on that note- did you see the new obstacle that the makers of 'Hell and Back' are working on?  Its called 'The Pitfall'  LOL.  Hillarious. 


Tips for this week:
  • Suck it up.  Training hurts, deal with it.
  • Stop using your dodgy knees as an excuse and get off your arse.
  • Put down the chocolate digestive.  You dont need it.
  • Mc Donalds and wine is not the answer.
  • An innocent little double cheeseburger has 440 calories.  Take a moment to think about that.
  • Sweating, unfortunately, is not an option.  If youre not sweating, youre not doing it right.
  • Mix things up if youre getting bored.

Heading into Week 4 training, I am hoping to get a team training session in and jiggy up the daily challenges to keep it a bit fresh and get a bit of muscle confusion in. 

I will pop up a new post if I change my daily tasks for next week, but otherwise, heres how were looking:

Week 4 training plan:


  • 75 seconds of planking
  • 3 min 30 seconds min of lat raises
  • 40 seconds right side side planking- wrist killing me
  • 40 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 7 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible) maxed out at 10
  • 3 sets of 15 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 15 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 10 assisted green band
Two 10km walks
One 8km run
One 6km run

Its gonna be a tough week because I am turning 34 (yes... 34!  ARGH!!!) in week 4, but hopefully that thought will drive me to me super motivated and power on through like nothing is happening.  ;)

Have a great week, everyone! 
Toodles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email