Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hell & Back training. Week Two!

Hi there! 

Week one down, and oh, what a week it’s been. 
First things first... How did YOU get on this week?  I know you totally gave it welly and are raring to get stuck into week two?  Yeah?  ;)
I totally over estimated some things I would be able to do and under estimated others.  I had to reduce my times for isometrics.  (Evil evil evil, whoever invented it...) and I ended up doing several long walks and one fairly decent run, which really surprised me.  Now, I recon the spell of beautiful sunny weather really helped with my long walks, but overall, I felt good and had no aches or pains to write home about.  Im lucky too that I have some superb scenery here in Kinsale.  I snapped this during the week:
 
In summary, this is what my week one looked like.  To save me re-writing the everyday bits, here they are: (Times varied by a few seconds day to day)
 
Week 1 summary.
  • 60 seconds of planking
  • 2 min of lat raises
  • 35 seconds right side side planking- wrist fairly sore35 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 10 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 11 ish assisted green band

 
Day 1:  20 minutes rowing with rowing club.
Day 2: 10.65km power walk with double buggy. (The hills... oh the hills... *gags*)
Day 3: 10.75km power walk with double buggy.  20 minutes rowing with rowing club. 
Day 4:  11.10km power walk with double buggy.
Day 5:  6.43km power walk with double buggy.
Day 6:  6.28km running (42 minutes)
Day 7:  Rest day.  (really needed it too!)
So, now for the training plan for week two.  I’m going to keep it consistent with week 1 but try to up the pressure/effort/gagging a bit... *dum dum DUM*

Week 2 training plan.
Daily:
  • 65 seconds of planking
  • 2.5 min of lat raises
  • 40 seconds right side side planking- wrist fairly sore
  • 40 seconds left side planking- wrist again
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 6 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 12 sit ups
  • 3 sets of 12 squats with 5kg squatting bar.
  • Pull ups- 15 assisted green band

Two 10km walks.
One 6km run (try to beat my last time of 42 mins)
By the way- I am doing my side planking on my hand as opposed to my elbow (hence the sore wrist) It’s damn hard.
 
So there you have it.  How are you getting on with your training?  I would love to hear from you so, remember, you can chat to me here or on facebook (here) or on twitter (here).
Plough on, people! 
Jen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email