Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hell & Back training. Week One!

Good evening all!

And what a beautiful evening it is here in Kinsale.  I hope it is nice where you are.

The time has come for the training to begin.  *bites nails* 

Tomorrow morning, I shall awaken as a ripped and tanned lady gladiator type, with long flowing hair and my trusty steed by my side...   

I wish.

LOL.  Tomorrow, I shall begin my 8 weeks of torture with sweat and blood and tears...and I will love it.  
 
No, really, I will. 
Honestly...

And here it is- my plan for the week:  (and yours too, if you are joining me! *waves*)

Day 1: (Sunday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • My view when out rowing with Kinsale & Dock rowing club.
    Come join us anytime!  Click here
    3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
  • Rowing 10-20 minutes (I am in a rowing club- totally forgot about that.  May have to adjust training plan later)
 Day 2: (Monday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
  • 5km fast walk (probably with the double buggy)
Day 3: (Tuesday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
Day 4: (Wednesday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
  • 8km walk (probably with the double buggy)
Day 5: (Thursday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
Day 6: (Friday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.
  • 5km run. (most definately WITHOUT the double buggy!)
Day 7: (Saturday)
  • 3 minutes of planking
  • 3 minutes of lat raises
  • 3 minutes of side planking
  • 3 minutes of wall squatting
  • 3 sets of 5 pushups and one maxing out (more than 10 if possible)
  • 3 sets of 20 sit ups
  • 4 minutes of skipping (preferably without vomiting)
  • 3 sets of 10 squats with 15kg’s.

Meals for the week: (I’m going to pick what I and my kids fancy each day as opposed to planning daily meals)

Breakfasts: 
  • Half cup of porridge, half a banana, 15 almonds & black coffee
  • Scrambled eggs (2), slice wholegrain toast & butter, black coffee
  • Bowl of Cheerios, cup of milk, fruit, tea & milk.
  • Two slices of wholegrain toast, almond butter, fruit, black coffee
  • Fruit & yoghurt, black coffee
  • Homemade smoothie with fruit & yoghurt, black coffee
  • Omelette with ham, spinach, peppers & mozzarella, black coffee.

Lunches:
  • Eggs on wholegrain toast & butter.  Tea.
  • Homemade spelt based pizza. Tea/Coffee.
  • Omelette with veg/spinach etc. Tea/Coffee
  • Sausages with wholegrain toast & beans.  Tea/coffee
  • Bacon with wholegrain toast & beans.  Tea/coffee.
  • Tuna/Ham/Pork/Mexican chilli bean/salad wholegrain wrap.  Tea/coffee.

Dinners: (all homemade)
  • Beef stew
  • Vegetable stew
  • Spaghetti Bolognese with wholegrain pasta or mange tout/string beans.
  • Pizza, spelt based with tonnes of veggies.
  • Salmon/Meat with veg & quinoa/potatoes.
  • Sweet & sour pork & wholegrain rice.
  • Homemade burgers on wholegrain buns & sweet potato chips.
  • Homemade Swedish meatballs & sweet potato chips/mashed spuds.
  • Tiger prawns, avocado, Marie rose sauce & lettuce.
  • Smushed meat & spuds (kind of like shepherd’s pie, without the layering & baking)
  • Chilli, Guacamole & wholegrain rice.

Snacks:
  • A piece of fruit & 10 almonds
  • Raisins & apple
  • Two slices of ham
  • A poached/boiled egg
  • Homemade Lebanese hummus & red peppers/carrots/celery
  • Guacamole & red peppers/carrots/celery
  • Melon.

And that’s it.  Easy peasy.  *cough cough*

Ooh- I almost forgot.  I am using 'Myfitnesspal' app- its frikkin marvellous.  It makes keeping your nutrirional balance so easy to manage (& calories if you want to manage them).  And I am also using 'MapMyRun' app for walks and runs.  Its excellent for recording distance/heights/calories burned etc.  I highly recommend both if you have a smartphone.  It really helps me keep track of progress.

If my arms, hands and fingers allow, (all going well) I will be back with my next blog post on Saturday with updates on how I got on this week and the schedule for next week.  I will be online all week also, so if you want to chat- comment below here or on my facebook page here or twitter here.  I’d love to hear from you. 

Until then, this is what I shall be visualising when I close my eyes due to ‘Feeling zee burn!’...

"Just keep running (swimming)... just keep running(swimming)... just keep running(swimming)... "

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email