Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hell and Back, Apollo. The 8 week training plan!


Hi Y’All!

I hope you have been all keeping well over the last week or so. 

I just want to take a quick moment to mention this.  The devastating news of the Boston Marathon bombings shocked us all to the core. 
I have visited Boston and Hopkinton (the start point of the Boston Marathon) and it is just so appalling to imagine anything like that happening there. 


I am always plunged into a loss of hope for humanity after a tragic event like this, but always, ALWAYS- a flood of positivity and kindness follows and redeems all.  The good will always trump the evil.

 
My thoughts are with all of the runners and families affected by all of the tragic loss of life and I wish a speedy recovery to all of those who were injured. 
 
__________________________________________________________
 
 
Now, to get down to ‘Hell and Back’ business... I have returned home from the beautiful Marbella, and what better way to leave sun and balmy 26 degrees Celsius behind?   I shall tell you.  Knowing that you are about to be welcomed home by howling gale force winds, pelting rain, a very generous 8 degrees and a looming, gruelling training plan, that’s how.

So here we go.  This is my overall 8 week personal training plan and starting this Sunday I will be posting a detailed weekly plan with outcomes and changes/updates, if any.   As I said in previous posts, please feel free to rob/change/tailor to your own needs/laugh at this as you wish.  I would love to hear from you and how your training is going so please, comment or pop over to my facebook page for a chat (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jen-Conroy-Photography/210905662273739)

And a quick reminder- I am not a personal trainer/Fitness freak/nutritionist, etc.  I am just a wife and mommy of two young lads so if you follow this, it’s at your own peril. LOL.

So, without further ado, I give you my  8 WEEK TRAINING PLAN! *drum roll* :
 

Daily: (these will increase slightly every week)
  • 12 minutes of Isometrics:  3 x minutes of: Plank, Lat raise, side plank & wall squat
  • Push ups: 3 sets of 5 & 1 x fast 10
  • Ab crunches- 3 sets of 20
  • Skipping- 4-5 minutes
  • Squats with sandbag- 3 sets of 10.




Week One:
1 x 5km fast walk

1 x 8 km fast walk

1 x 5km run
 
Week Two:
1 x 8 km fast walk
2 x 5 km run
 
Week Three:
1 x 8 km fast walk
1 x 5km run
1 x 6km run
1 x Team training event for the Mud Slingers.
 
Week Four:
1 x 8 km fast walk
2 x 6km run
 
Week Five:
1 x 8 km fast walk
1 x 6 km run
1 x 7 km run
1 x 8 km run
 
Week Six:
1 x 10 km fast walk
1 x 6 km run
1 x 9 km run
1 x Team training event for the Mud Slingers.
 
Week Seven:
1 x 10 km fast walk
1 x 7 km run
1 x 8 km run
1 x 10 km run

Week Eight:
1 x 10 km fast walk
1 x 6 km run
1 x 8 km run
1 x 10 km run
 

So.  What do you think?  I am also going to try to stick to a good (and realistic) nutrition plan so will pop up a blog post on that shortly.

Talk to you soon!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to incorporate running up a steep hill as part of training. The first half of the race is a steep hill pointing upwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Garrett!
      Thanks for your tip! There is a good steep hill near my run route, I will be sure to include it in my schedule- though my legs will hate me for it, but i'm sure it will be of benefit on the big day!
      Jen

      Delete

Follow by Email