Saturday, June 18, 2011

Decisiveness and Congratulations

Lots of news this week! 
It’s been a busy week or two here but things are finally beginning to calm down a little bit.  I had a great day snapping some action shots at Garretstown beach (Thanks to Rob & Dylan)- you might have seen the Kite surfing shots in Fluidr, Facebook or here, in the slideshow feed from Flickr.  It looks like great fun and I have to confess, after meeting Rob (The guy with the blue kite in the photos) and chatting, I am totally raring to go and give it a bash. 
So beach walkers beware and prepare to duck in order to avoid decapitation by a runaway kite!

On another subject- I have narrowed down my lens search to one!  Yes, that right!  I, queen of indecisiveness and humming & hawing, have made an actual real life decision and picked one to buy!  Soon to be in my possession, will be a shiny new Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens and I am very excited!  What does this mean you may ask?  Well, in a nutshell, I will be able to get quality shots of distant things. 
For example, here is a photo taken at 55mm:

And at 100mm:


And at 200mm:



And so on... I’m sure you can get the idea. So, yes, I am uber excited about being able to get in on action from afar.  (Local GAA matches & water sports enthusiasts beware!  LOL)

And now for the ‘Congratulations’...

Some news from our friends, ‘The Pawnshop Manual’ over in Canada.  Last week they did a live session and interview on the radio- well done lads.  It is well worth a listen and remember, if you like their stuff, their album is free to download!  Go on the Recession buster!  ;)   The link to the radio session can be found on this page:


A huge congratulations to Wendy Higgins, the second author to be discovered and published by HarperCollins through their ‘Inkpop’ site (hot on the heels of her ‘big sister in publishing’ and my big sister, Leigh Fallon).  Her novel ‘Sweet Evil’ will be published in spring/summer of 2012.  Well done Wendy!  Why not drop in and congratulate her yourself?  Here is her website:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention and support! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH .. cant wait to see what this new lens will bring :) Loved the kitesurfing shots and YES!! you must give it a go :) Is there a mothers day coming up soon???? what a great pressy @)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email